|Our kids and staff are incredible. The community truly values the school and the many roles we play. We are the center of activities for kids and families and pride ourselves on the coordination and partnering opportunities we provide.||Our staff is comprised of seasoned veterans and new and upcoming educators. We endeavor to pursue the latest and most innovative successes in education, student-centered education and 21st Century Skills.
|We are nestled in the heart of the Finger Lakes. Two culturally diverse town hubs of Ithaca and Geneva are within 25 miles. Nearby are several state parks and plenty of lake access. We are within only a few miles of several restaurants and wineries.
Explore the Finger Lakes area!
||Our community provides great support to incoming staff. The close-knit nature of our school and towns make belonging here easy. You will never be without the support and opportunity you need to flourish. There are plenty of things to do and great people.
Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and/or serving foods in a school cafeteria.
Must be able to work in any position within the cafeteria. Must be willing to work in the Elementary kitchen and/or the Middle/High School kitchen.
- Follow school calendar
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00 am – 1:30 pm (5 hours)
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to understand and carry out basic kitchen sanitation instructions
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for duration of shift
- Cleaning tables and work stations
- Operating commercial dishwasher
- Putting away deliveries, must be able to lift 40#
- Attend Pre service trainings when scheduled
- Responsible for knowing and following safety rules associated with the job
- Follow sanitation and health regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by Cafeteria Manager
Interested applicants should contact Kathy Bishop; at email@example.com or (607) 869-9636 ext. 4111. A resume, letter of interest, and completed district application are required by November 22, 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
In addition, applicants need to complete the on-line Seneca County Civil Service application.
(click here to obtain pdf of instructions)
Instructional Positions for the 2019-2020
186-day Instructional Substitute Position
Position: 186-day instructional substitute position at $92.00 per day and to include only one additional benefit: five sick/personal/family leave days to be pro-rated
Location: South Seneca Elementary School
Salary Range: $92.00 per day
Dates: January 6 through June 26, 2020
- NYS teaching certificate,
- creative and collaborative problem solver,
- positive, professional attitude and work ethic,
- excellent communication and organizational skills,
- ability to work well with all members of the school community,
Interested applicants should contact Adam Rundell, Elementary School Principal; South Seneca School District. A resume, letter of interest, and completed application are required by December 24, 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Substitute Nurses Needed (RN License required) $25.00 per hour
To apply & receive an application, send your letter of interest, and resume to: Shelley Reynolds, District Clerk, South Seneca District Office, 7263 Main Street, Ovid, NY 14521; or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers Needed To apply & receive an application, send your letter of interest, and resume to: Shelley Reynolds, District Clerk, South Seneca District Office, 7263 Main Street, Ovid, NY 14521; or by Email to: email@example.com
South Seneca Instructor/Administrator Application (click here to obtain pdf of application)