The South Seneca Athletic Department strives to provide a comprehensive, safe, and effective interscholastic athletic program based upon the needs of potential student athletes. Our programs afford athletes various opportunities to improve upon the tenets of good citizenship, good sportsmanship, and physical health.
Being a member of the South Seneca Athletics programs provides the opportunity for our student athletes to:
New this year:
- make a commitment to their school and community.
- develop lifelong relationships.
- embrace the importance of academic achievement.
- develop a winning effort, exhibit sportsmanship, and demonstrate respect for all.
- A paperless code of conduct/athletic registration system through FormRELeaf.
- An Athletic Trainer will be on campus throughout the school weeks from Brownstone Physical Therapy.
- A Code of Conduct for Fans- Yellow/Red Card system.
FALL 2017 INFO
In an effort to sustain a competitive sports program there has been some changes in what South Seneca will be offering this fall. The rational and reasoning behind these changes are as follows:
1. To keep levels competitive
2. Maintain “healthy” team rosters- Fall sign ups did not provide sufficient numbers to support three levels in both boys and girls soccer
3. Listed below are the athletic teams South Seneca will be fielding this fall and coaching staff information
Modified Soccer grades 7-9 Coach Joe Brewer JBrewer@southseneca.org practice starts August 30th
Varsity Soccer grades 10-12 Coaches Tom and Nicole Hayward firstname.lastname@example.org practice starts August 14th
Boys Soccer- (with Romulus)
Modified Soccer grades 7-9 Coach Paul Mattey 1-607/592-4260 practice starts August 30th
Varsity Soccer grades 10-12 Coach David Zietz DZietz@southseneca.org practice starts August 14th
Modified Soccer grades 7-8 Coach Anne Guinan AGuinan@southseneca.org practice starts August 30th
JV Volleyball grades 9-10 Coach Karen Denmark KDenmark@southseneca.org practice starts August 14th
Varsity Volleyball grades 11-12 Coach John Gilfus JGilfus@southseneca.org practice starts August 14th
Tri Town Titans Football
Modified grades 7-9 Coaches Russ Peterson and Kyle Collinsworth 1-315/651-0799 practice starts August 21st
Varsity grades 10-12 Coaches Ken Ovenshire KOvenshire@southseneca.org Bob Furst 1-607/869-3593, Chance VanCleef 1-607-227-4983 practice starts August 14th
Tri Town Titans Cheerleading
Varsity Coach Jessica Siurano 1-607-351-3102 practice starts August 14th
Varsity Coach Ray Zajac RZajac@southseneca.org practice starts August 14th
If you have any questions or concerns please contact SS Athletic Director Heather Mott at HMott@southseneca.org